JBL TopClean II Surface Skimmer
- Removes coatings and foreign particles from the water surface: accessory for external filter – skimmer for aquariums 60 – 600 litres (from 35 cm height upwards)
- Place skimmer in the aquarium, connect to suction hose of the external filter (replaces existing suction pipe), regulate surface water/deep water suction with adjustment spindle
- Universal: for hoses of 9/12 to 16/22 mm diameter. Infinitely adjustable suction capacity: surface water and deep water suction. Semi-circular shape for corner attachment
- 2nd generation: optimised floating body – more buoyancy and adaption to the water level, stronger comb, removable adjustment spindle
- Package contents: surface skimmer Top Clean II
Removes scum formations
Infrequent water changes and overfeeding can cause a biofilm (scum) to form on the water surface of the aquarium. This is because the surface water is not drawn into the filter circulation by the normal suction pipe of the external filter. The scum formation is a whitish “skin” comprised of bacteria and fungi. It hinders the oxygen enrichment of the water.
Siphen off surface water and water from deeper levels
The JBL Surface skimmer effectively removes scum formations or prevents them from forming. With its deep water intake the skimmer can be used to replace the conventional suction pipe. The skimmer comb automatically adapts to a changing water surface (as when water evaporates).
Easy to install
Connect the JBL TopClean II Surface Skimmer instead of the conventional suction pipe to the external filter. Attach the suction chamber with suction cups to the rear corner of your aquarium. Using the regulating pin select the surface water suction/ deep water suction ratio.
The adjustment spindle can be removed from the device. The JBL TopClean II Surface Skimmer has a stylish semi-circular shape and is suitable for hoses with 9/12 to 16/22 mm diameter.